this week you:
- were so completely absolutely incredibly content with being out of school for the summer. i've never seen you more relaxed or happier just to be home!
- barely ate a thing! even after we attempted to stuff you full of all kinds of good food. you eat like a bird! (you do NOT take after me that way!)
- were singing all week long. all kinds of songs. it was the cutest thing. i came out of the laundry mat to hear you belting it out in the car with the trunk wide open. the whole town could have heard your beautiful voice!
- danced. like a silly little thing. mark has a fabulous video on his phone of you dancing on the picnic table. you remind me so much of my mother!
- helped me rescue two baby robins which we brought to a bird rescue center where they will be fed and cared for.
- made a cake with me. a 1-2-3-4 cake, with lemon zest and lemon juice to flavor it. we decorated it with nasturtiums, and we surprised mark with it for his "Pappah's day" (you got "Pappah" from the movie "Nanny McPhee" and have wanted to call Mark that ever since)
- you brushed your hair for about 30 minutes, wanting it to be "the smoothest it's ever been before"
- had your violin recital and were absolutely magnificient. i was so proud of you. you are talented in so many ways.
- played kickball. upside down.