lately we have been quite busy. giant snowstorms, ice storms, nutcracker rehearsals, school holiday concerts, christmas shopping and wrapping and baking and crafting, trying to keep warm despite the 50 degree inside temps, work and modeling, running from one after school activity to the next...you know how it is. life. a busy life.
but with many things slowing down and others things speeding up, we are finding time to enjoy the holiday season without getting too overwhelmed. the shopping is officially done and we are now planning our christmas menu (lasagna wins!) and gearing up for time with family.
here are some other things happening lately:
- he's growing out a beard like this one
- suspenders are a daily fashion statement now
- she was over the moon when he showed up to surprise her at school for a lunch date
- i modeled a lot this past week and we finished a portrait that's been in the works for 4 months. that always feels good.
- she has decided to be a "sketch artist and dancer" when she grows up
- he has a lot of sweet christmas presents awaiting him
- i ate soup for lunch the whole week and drank oodles of tea
- we made our new year's eve plans and i am SO excited to get dressed up all fancy and go out dancing!
- she counted the presents about a dozen times
- we all enjoyed a night out at the movies with a wee friend joining us. the girls had a blast (and spilled popcorn in my car!)
what has been happening lately in your life? what are your holiday plans?!